Choosing the right student house can be time-consuming and tricky.
If you are attending Edge Hill University and are looking for student accommodation in Ormskirk we can help!
With over 20 years experience of renting properties to students in Ormskirk, you’ll find our properties are all of a high standard, well equipped and affordable.
Edge Lets is a family run business, we pride ourselves on being friendly and reliable.
If you would like to enquire about one of our rental properties please contact us by calling 07752 899 107 or fill in the enquiry form and we will be in touch.
- After viewing one of our properties if you decide you would like to continue the rental process you will have to complete an application form.
- We can furnish you with a copy of a contract before you make this decision, and you can discuss this with your parents/guarantor. Should you have any questions then we are happy to talk these through with you.
- You’ll need a guarantor this person is legally obliged to pay the rent should you not be able to. This person must be a UK resident, have regular income, assets or saving and be over 18.
- A rent check application will be requested for your guarantor.
- Deposit payable once your application has been approved.
- Three rental payments to coincide with your student loan payments via bank transfer.
MOVING IN DAY
Moving in commences from the start date on your contract. Booking an arrival time is essential, please call us 2 days in advance to book a time for arrival, so one of our team is there to meet you, go through your inventory and hand over your keys.
BEFORE YOU MOVE IN YOU WILL NEED:
- Bedding, to include duvet and cover, pillows and covers, sheets
- Clothes hangers
- Cleaning, washing up and laundry items
We also think it’s a good idea to wait to buy your cooking utensils and crockery until you arrive so you can decide what to buy between yourself and your flatmates.
Frequently asked questions
- What furniture will be in my house?
This does depend on the house you have chosen and the rent you are paying. All houses will have the following:
Bedrooms: Bed (double/single), wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk, chair, curtains or blinds.
Lounge: Sofa(s) and chair(s) with sufficient number of seats for each tenant.
Kitchen: Washing machine, fridge, freezer, cooker, bin, vacuum cleaner.
Items such as televisions, microwaves, dishwashers, tumble-dryers, bedroom mirrors are provided in certain houses but you should check this with us.
- Why do I have to pay a summer retainer?
Some properties have a summer retainer. The rent you pay is calculated as an annual amount and spread over the period of the tenancy. You pay a reduced amount over the summer when you are not living in the house, which is instead of paying an increased amount of rent for the remaining proportion of the year during occupation. Our payment plans are designed to fit in around student financing.
- Can I move in to my house during the retainer period?
No. This period is reserved for the landlord to have unrestricted access with tradesman to improve, repair and clean the property.
If your house is ready before the date we have allocated you, then we may allow you early occupancy, but we cannot guarantee this. If you move in earlier you will be charged full rent on a day by day basis, payable in advance.